Thursday, June 20, 2013

Veggie Quit and Child's Apron

I just finished up some projects that have been occupying my time (more mentally than actually).  I'm still such a novice to sewing so finishing a project, especially a quilt is a HUGE deal for me.  I've started a few but never finished since the binding is so intimidating.

I got the idea from Purl Soho and fell in love with the pattern.  I didn't buy it from them but hand drew the veggies myself and then used this lovely graded Merimekko fabric that I found from the Crate and Barrel outlet shop in Chicago.  I also changed the lines of the quilt doing a free motion for the top part- I'm impatient with somethings, what can I say.  After weeks of sitting on this almost completed quilt I found a You Tube tutorial on binding.  Wow, this was so easy- I COULD DO IT.  I did, and I have to say, it was easy.  I can't wait to get started, and finished on my other ones now.


 I absolutely loved the graded fabric and bought it just for this project.  I have enough to make 3 more quilts and hope to make one for the kids room.


I also copied my sister-in-law's apron she made for my kids, but used twill tape for ties and neck. 


Both these will be going to my daughter's school today as gifts for the school.

Shared on: More the Merrier Mondays, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Tuesdays with a Twist,  wildcrafting wednesday, Wildlife Wednesday, simple lives thursdays, HomeAcre Hop,  small footprint family, Friday Nature Table, fresh eggs daily, Transformation Thursday, Thrifty Home,  Fresh Bites Friday, Wednesday Fresh Food,  Sunday Parenting Party, hip homeschool moms,  No Time for Flash Cards, Living Green Tuesday, Montessori Monday, Farm Girl Blog Fest,  Food Renegade, Eat Make Grow, Saturday Show and Tell, Kids in the Kitchen, Learning for Life, Mums Make Lists, It's Playtime,  All Year Round Blog Carnival

2 comments:

  1. Cham,

    Those are both beautiful! What a generous gift for a school. I love the quilt, that fabric really is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I wish I was a great quilter! Visiting from DIY Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...