Monday, September 2, 2013

Sweet Goodbye!

As my time home with the girls has come to an end and I return to work I am saddened by our days together being more stressful.  However, I am thankful that we will still be together (in a way) through the day.  I couldn't be luckier to have my girls with me in the same school with amazing teachers.  But, it is with mixed feelings and a heavy heart that I say goodbye to the life I've had for the past 5 years.  It is a life I wanted and talked about at length before accepting my husband's hand in marriage.  It is a life I dreamed about but did not know how it would be.  It is a life that I worked and still work very hard to maintain.  It is a life blessed with children who are more than beautiful to me because I know their innocent hearts and hear their tender voices, hear their silly conversations, and join in their contagious giggles. 

 I am at peace with my choice to go back to work.  I'm happy and excited to be a part of an amazing community and the possibilities that are yet to come.  I am excited to share all that I have learned and the wisdom that I have gained due to my years at home.  Had I not had this experience, I'm not sure I would be the teacher I'm bringing into this new classroom.  This is a tremendous gift that I was given, the chance to see my children grow and to see all that I learned manifest in their eyes, hands, and body.  I will forever cherish my time at home and for no amount of time will I regret not having worked or furthered my career. 

It is with joy that I now accept this new routine and a life that will now change our family to something new.  I hope to find a way to balance the new workload with what I have already established for our family. Sadly, I'm giving up the garden- for now.  I hope that once I'm established in the school and a routine, we will get back to gardening once again.  Our saving grace is the CSA we joined years ago who have welcomed us back with open arms and much more!

I look forward to sharing the new and changing Montessori journey for our family.  I suppose we are a unique bunch being a 3rd generation of Montessorians.  At this point, I think it's in our blood.  I look at pictures of Dr. Montessori like she were my own grandmother- family.

I am beyond thrilled and excited for our culture exchange program and hope to grow it and continue with it for my class.  I hope you can join us at some point.

Here's to the future and a new (school) year!


Becoming a mother will change who you are, and you will never be the same.  The meaning of Love is truly realized as it is a bond that no one can take away from you.  I am, now, who I am because of the two girls in my life. To this, I am thankful to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...